News Flash

News Flash
Click the logo to learn more.
4/25/2008 07:52:00 PM

The Start of a New Way

I've never blogged before. I've often thought I'd like to, but I never felt I had anything to say that would be profound enough to move someone into action. With the discovery of a few things in myself and my family and how we live and the things that are going on around us, I found something to say. It may be profound to some and not others. But at least, now, in a world where gas is going to hit $4.00 a gallon in a very short time from now and how we have to cut into the grocery bill or cut the entertainment back or even start limiting the activities our children do, )I think that is the one that hurts the most), I think its time that that greener way of life I kept promising myself should start. Better late than never.

How do we cope with these ever inflated changes? Whine and bitch that our current president must protect his families investment in the middle east? Complain that we're seeing the end of the crude oil era coming to an end and it just won't die? While we're stabbing away at it with a fork and knife because we spent so much of our grocery money to make sure we can keep filling up those tanks, we can come to our senses. Even if it is fun to take a stab at the prices and the all mighty.. which was it now? Money or oil? Apparently, they are interchangeable. Stabbing at that which you have no control will amount to nothing. Depending on how hard you stab, it may land you a fine or jail time, but I'll keep from giving you ideas on what to do to get into that kind of trouble.

No, no. It is much simpler than all of that. Hit them where it really hurts because that is what they are doing to us. Gas goes up, the amount of money to ship goods across the country goes up, food goes up... and up.. and up.Start not with the stabbing at the bloated walrus coated smugly in his slick, black gold coat. Start stabbing by cutting out your spending as much as possible in his world.It is my intention to introduce the ideas I've researched and read endlessly on, things that are simple, but yet, no one seems to be moving in this direction. Yet. Before I can unshackle myself from the grind stone, I must appease it for a little while longer by keeping a job. More later!

0 comments:

I'm Green Inside!

I'm Green Inside!
How green are you?

The Growing Challenge

The Growing Challenge
Just one more...

Fred's Fine Fowl

Fred's Fine Fowl
All things poultry