News Flash

News Flash
Click the logo to learn more.
12/14/2008 01:05:00 AM

Holiday Rush!

Christmas is right around the corner and it is almost like the year managed to sneak past me.  Normally by Thanksgiving I've done all my shopping already but this year, like so many others, I'm behind and unorganized.  We've managed to keep our tradition of getting the tree up the weekend after Thanksgiving, I'm happy to say, but I'm still waiting for some things that we've purchased to come in, some of it not even clearing the account yet.  That is more than a little frustrating because some of it needs to be mailed on after I get it.


I've been making candy again this year, too.  The chocolate rum candy I made last year was a hit, but the chocolate covered everything else was far more popular.  

But, even with all the rush, and the standing around waiting for midnight to roll around because we're waiting for the Wii... that was annoying.  They had it, but they refused to bring it out before midnight.  Figure that one out.  And they only had 3 of them!  The guy told me that this was not their doing, but Nintendo will only send so many out.  But after over an hour waiting and hearing the woman who was in front of us tell us that she had an hour and a half drive home, I didn't feel so bad because we were right up the street.  Though it shocked me to see that she racked up nearly $700 just in stuff for the Wii.  I started to say that we should probably rethink this when it was our turn.  

The kids got their Wii, however, and we're kinda liking it because it isn't a sit on your butt and play, its a get off your butt and play, better than the former.  At least it will keep the kids up and ready for next spring.  Christmas will be fairly good this year because they just don't see it coming.  Now to keep them from finding it...

0 comments:

I'm Green Inside!

I'm Green Inside!
How green are you?

The Growing Challenge

The Growing Challenge
Just one more...

Fred's Fine Fowl

Fred's Fine Fowl
All things poultry