News Flash

News Flash
Click the logo to learn more.
1/13/2010 07:00:00 PM

Pink Lemonade Blueberry


The catalogs have been pouring in and I've been getting the budget ready for the plants that we're going to go with this year and this one seems to be close to the top of my list. It's

Vaccinium 'Pink Lemonade'




From what I've read on it, even the flowers have a pinkish color to them. It appears to be like a regular blueberry in all other respects liking acidic, well drained soil with lots of organic material.

I adore blueberries. They are one of my favorite fruits because they are just delicious! I am very much looking forward to these guys in a nice mix of fruits for a snack or in a compote with a good helping of home made ice cream.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Count me in on that one!!
I cant wait to help out and get to enjoy the fruits of our labor when all your stuff starts producing. ^_^

Dana Gordon said...

Yep, gonna be putting you to work very shortly, madam. See above.

Dwayne said...

I just purchased a few plants to use as decorative ornamentals and to give the wildlife something to eat.
I am not much of a berry person but I will probably give them a try.

I wrote a post back in January of '09 about the pink blueberry and it is by far the most popular traffic source. It has also been No 1 on Google for months now! There is a large amount of interest in this plant right now.

The post: Should a pink colored Blueberry still be called a Blueberry?

I ordered my plants about a month ago now and at that time, many nurseries were already sold out.I had to do some digging to find a nursery that had them!

I'm Green Inside!

I'm Green Inside!
How green are you?

The Growing Challenge

The Growing Challenge
Just one more...

Fred's Fine Fowl

Fred's Fine Fowl
All things poultry