News Flash

News Flash
Click the logo to learn more.
7/15/2008 07:58:00 PM

Menstrual Frustration

I have become a lot greener today. I try to think about ways of being more green friendly considering how much I love the earth and the seasons and the circle that they represent. I have a healthy respect for Mother Earth. When I started thinking about where all the wipes go when I'm done using them and where the packaging from foods go after I've emptied them I also started thinking about menstrual pads.

Reading up on this has shown me that the average woman spends a small fortune in disposable pads every year. I know I do. When I first started looking into cloth pads I was aghast at how much one costs. On one site I went to one pad cost $18.00. But after I got my heart beating again, I did the math. It is much much cheaper in the long run for me to purchase reusable cloth pads than it is for me to buy disposables. I'm not filling up a land fill. I'm saving money in the future because I don't have to spend all that money on disposables.

I have a healthy list of links.

First, if you're crafty and you have time, this site and this site have instructions with patterns on how to make your own cloth pad. I'm going to attempt this when I get a chance.

I ordered from Many Moons but there is also Luna Pads, Wemoon and Glad Rags. There are lots of sites that sell them pre-made. There is a link list on the left side that have links to these sites.

This site has articles and a list of links for cloth pad manufacturers scoring a 7 on the greener meter due to content.

This site also has a nice organized listing of international cloth pad companies scoring a 9 on the greener meter.

If you're not a pad user, have no fear, there is also a natural tampon type menstrual cup.


Enjoy a happier period.

0 comments:

I'm Green Inside!

I'm Green Inside!
How green are you?

The Growing Challenge

The Growing Challenge
Just one more...

Fred's Fine Fowl

Fred's Fine Fowl
All things poultry