News Flash

News Flash
Click the logo to learn more.
6/26/2008 02:44:00 PM

Homemade Travel Hand Wipes

Homemade Travel Hand Wipes

Materials Needed:
1/4 cup vodka
1/4 cup water
Juice from 1/2 lemon
Paper Towels (use a thick, sturdy towel)Large Ziploc Bag

Directions:

Fold the paper towels in half and lay them in a shallow dish in a single layer.

Mix the liquid ingredients together then pour over top the towels. Repeat as needed until you have the amount of wipes you require.

Stack the saturated towels in a large Ziploc bag, make as many as you like. Store the sealed bag in your vehicle while traveling.

Store any unused liquid in an airtight container to use next time.

Note: You can use strips of flannelette if you prefer (then launder and reuse), as well as paper towels cut in half.

I just make amounts that I would use during a road trip, I haven’t made big batches of wipes at a time so I’m not sure how long they would last. These are very nice on road trips to keep your hands clean–think: public washroom sink taps and door handles, yuck!

From Tip Nut

4 comments:

Lisa Nelsen-Woods said...

This tip will come in handy! I have some leftover flannel covers for my push floor mop that will work well for this project. Althought I might be tempted to drink the vodka before I start the project. :)

Dana Gordon said...

Hehe, it certainly is tempting isn't it? Make a white russian or a cosmo or something. Wouldn't that make the road trip worth it?

Price said...

VERY clever indeed...glad I wasn't the only one who thought Cosmo!

Dana Gordon said...

Yep, love my cosmos! I'm partial to the white cran strawberry ones, personally.

I'm Green Inside!

I'm Green Inside!
How green are you?

The Growing Challenge

The Growing Challenge
Just one more...

Fred's Fine Fowl

Fred's Fine Fowl
All things poultry