News Flash

News Flash
Click the logo to learn more.
6/27/2008 11:13:00 PM

Shop Til You Drop


Some days it just pays to get out of bed. This is one of the carrot seedlings that sprouted. I was beginning to wonder if I'd ever get carrots, but after I saw them yesterday, I was very pleased with our work. We've counted 16 so far, which is double from yesterday, with hopes that more will pop up. I certainly hope so, 16 carrots wouldn't see us through a dinner.
After checking our carrots out and giving them a healthy drink, we went shopping.
I have my weekend cut out for me. We're going to bag up 25 pounds of jasmine rice this weekend. That is one big thing our shopping trip yielded. I say we... but it will probably be... me. My husband wants it in 1 1/2 cup bags. I frowned and handed him the vacuum sealer. Later he changed his mind to 2 cup bags. Well, that will cut down on the time it will take for me to get it done. The sarcasm in my voice when I made that statement wasn't missed.
With all the bulk buying we've been doing, I've not had a chance to get everything sealed up with the vacuum sealer. Thankfully, the beef came vacuumed sealed and already frozen when it was delivered. But I still have the rice.
We also went to a kitchen supply store. I love this place but it is very easy for me to spend way too much in one of these places. We went for a injection kit and left with one... and a honey pot for the single serving french press and two sizes of the plunger measuring cups... I almost left with an entirely new tea service (as if I need another one). My husband distracted me with... well... everything else and managed to get me out of the store before I spent $100.
One of my serious weaknesses is tea. I love tea. Iced, hot, with or without cream, honey or sugar. It doesn't matter. I'm a black tea kind of girl, but I'm not above drinking green or white, I just prefer black. One of my favorites teas is Lavender Earl Grey. And I like Spiced Chai. When I do drink green tea, I like the flowering kind. It's just cool to watch it unfurl in the cup.
Another weakness is chocolate. I like this chocolate because they make a blueberry lavender chocolate bar. I love blueberries and I love lavender. What's not to love? My first bar of this chocolate was the chai and that was excellent stuff.
Another vice of mine is incense and Shoyeido and Airs are my favorite incense sites.
Tea, chocolate and incense. You would think they would be relatively inexpensive items but uhh you'd be wrong. Add in gardening and it's a good day.

0 comments:

I'm Green Inside!

I'm Green Inside!
How green are you?

The Growing Challenge

The Growing Challenge
Just one more...

Fred's Fine Fowl

Fred's Fine Fowl
All things poultry